This is something I started typing up in October, and was hoping to post it on January 01, 2010… not as resolutions, but as a fresh start. However, I got busy and was unable to. and then I couldn’t even think of how to finish this. So I stopped where I ran out of ideas for now. Suggestions welcome 🙂
The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
001. Take one picture every day for an entire year (007/365)
002. reach 100 of 500 Convos.
003. Eat a tomato
005. Serve in the Philippines
006. Play music in a show-like setting.
007. Buy a cow for someone through World Vision.
008. Send 10 letters to Yves, the kid I sponsor through WV.
009. Eat only fruits and vegetables for a week.
010. Participate in 30 #truthursdays.
011. Blog every day for a month.
012. Buy five strangers’ coffee. (0/5)
013. Have a meal with my grandma 10 times (0/10)
014. Memorize the book of Philippians
015. Write 50 letters.
016. Have a girls weekend
017. Host a worship night.
018. Read one book a week for a month (0/4)
019. Read one book a month for a year (0/12)
020. create and sell 50 devo books (0/50)
021. read through the Bible 5 times (0/5)
022. Host a simple dinner
023. Give One Day’s Wages.
024. Attend Imago Dei five times (0/5)
025. Retreat to the Grotto for prayer 10 times (0/10)
026. Visit 10 new corps (0/10)
027. Donate my hair to locks of love
028. Discover 25 coffeeshops (0/25)
029. Add 5 Mocha Club members to my team (0/5)
030. Spend an entire day with Bramwell and Elias
031. Wake up at 5 am and read Scripture for a month (0/31)
032. Visit 3 new states (0/3)
033. Use up 15 lotions or body sprays (0/15)
034. Go a week without spending any money (0/7)
035. Climb a tree
036. Hike to the top of Multnomah Falls
037. bake banana walnut bread
038. sell $300 worth of stuff on ebay (0/300)
039. buy a new camera with $$ from #38
040. Drink only water for a week.
041. Watch all 6 Star Wars in order.
042. Finish coming up with 101 things.
EDITED TO ADD:
043. Go camping
044. Do my laundry once a week for a month (0/4)
045. See the Golden Gate bridge.
046. Sleep 50 different places (0/50)
047. Visit some place haunted
048. Move out of my mom’s house.
049. Participate in a marathon.
050. De-clutter my bedroom.
051. Sleep in the closet in Emily’s room.
052. Locate 5 new constellations.
053. Visit Aleen and pray with her twice before leaving.
054. Write a letter to an author.